Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lisanewgen
Not applicable
Views: 576
Message 1 of 1

G580 WIFI Problem ONLY at school (redirected website for wifi password)

Hi all,

I recently purchased a lenovo G580 laptop; windows 8

My laptop wifi works perfectly when I am at home or connected to any normal wifi.

It does not work when I am at school which typically once you connect to the school's wifi, it opens up a web broweser asking for your usename and password to get compelte access. (figure 1- from my other laptop)

My lenovo laptop cannot download this website, therefore I have no internet access at school since I cannot put my information inside. (figure 2- from lenovo laptop)

ex1.png 

Untitled.jpg

The problem is not my school's router because I have wifi connection on my other laptop here without any problems. Also the problem is not really the location/wifi of my lenova laptop because I can connect to my phone's personal hotspot when I am at school.

Simply, the problem is found when I cannot connect to my school's wifi because it requires me to download a site to put my information.

I have read other forums and try to figure it myself, however, I am very noobie when it comes to computers. So I appreciate a step-by-step instructions. For example, please provide links that I may need to download to update my driver.

I have called customer care, and I am not going to pay 100 bucks just to fix a simple problem. So i appreciate your time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors