Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,532
Message 1 of 6

G580 - Wireless Problem on Windows 10

Dear Lenovo Team 

I have a notebook Lenovo G580 and I have problem with wireless it breaks every 15 min or 30 min and after 1,2 min it reconnect's when I was on windows 7 I didn't got this problem but now on windows 10 I am getting angryy as hell. Firstly I got contacted the telekom providers they changed the router twice but they told me the problem is with your notebook driver's, I formated I installed drivers but nothing same thing..

Please I want a solution for this problem as your User...

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,504
Message 2 of 6

Re: G580 - Wireless Problem on Windows 10

Does this only happen on your home WiFi? I would suggest using your WiFi / Notebook at a Hot Spot (free WiFi at a coffee shop) to see if the issues persists.

If it only happens when using your own WiFi it may be a compatibility issue with the Router. If that is the case, you can disable the router's WiFi and add one that works to it.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
konnikbezglava
Paper Tape
Views: 2,490
Message 3 of 6

Hello! Go to "Device Manager", select your wireless card (it's probably "Broadcom"), then click over it with right mouse button and select "Update Driver Software". In newly opened window select "Browse my computer for driver software", then click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. In newly opened window remove check mark on "Show compatible hardware". Wait a few seconds, then you will see a big list with different drivers. Find "Broadcom 802.11 multiband network adapter", double click on it, click "Yes" in the next windows and then "Close".

Next click with right mouse button on your broadcom card in "Device Manager", click on properties, select "Power Management" and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Good luck!

Berat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,471
Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much... Smiley Wink

Berat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,470
Message 5 of 6