Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 66,272

Question

My machine details:

Machine: G580

Model: 20150

When I tried to connect WiFi it showed me that a WiFi adpater is missing. After that I attempted to download WiFi adapter drivers from Lenevo website but still it is showing that my WiFi adapter is missing..

Could this be a hardware issue or drivers issue?

Answer

There are various factors that can cause this issue. Three possibilites I could think of right now. Please check the details below.

1) Driver Issue

If it is a driver problem then you should have a yellow icon in Device Manager -  "Network Controller" or "Unknown Device" with exclamation mark yellow icon. Please see illustration below.

image_thumb.png

If this is the case, you are required to download the wireless drivers from our support site http://support.lenovo.com or by clicking the link below. Please check which wireless card your machine has and then select and download the correct drivers accordingly.

Windows 7 - G580 (model 2189,20150)

Windows 7 - G580 (model 2689, 20157)

2) BIOS Wireless LAN is Disabled

You may want to check your BIOS settings as it has an option to disable the WIFI hardware.

• Go to BIOS by tapping F2 or FN+F2 once you power on or restart your system.
  • Once inside BIOS Go to the "Configuration" tab
  • Look for "Wireless Lan" and make sure it is set to enabled.
  • Then hit F10 on your keyboard to save and exit BIOS. (Please see illustration below)
Capture2.JPG

If the above two methods do not help, you should contact our service provider for further support. Below are the contact links for your region.

Click below for access to the respective page for more details. 

Was this information helpful?

Comments
4x4biker

Does anyone know if there is a wifi module upgrade available for G580?

Mine is maxed out at 54MB/s ... I want to increase the speed to at least 150Mb/s like most other laptops on the market.

W

wcorrea23

LENOVO G580 WIHT WINDOWS 8.1 WIFI FIXE

HERE IS THE SOLUTION  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWr7v62SD58

kimaberin

Which wireless card is for G470?

ashokgowtham65

When I tried to connect WiFi it showed me that a WiFi adpater is missing. After that I attempted to download WiFi adapter drivers from Lenevo website but still it is showing that my WiFi adapter is missing.. in windows 8 32bit

Could this be a hardware issue or drivers issue?

Srinu22544

Hello Techs,

I was using Lenovo -G580 and recently degraded to windows -7 Ultimate , since windows 10 wifi drives are not available for lenovo G580., so I degraded to Win-7 and tried to install appropriate drivers from lenovo site but it could't work out.

I had done some validations in BIOS (its Enabled) and Device Manager it shows Brodcom was installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,