Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Internett3000
Paper Tape
Views: 791
Message 1 of 3

G580 battery gauge reset problem

I have a problem with my battery gauge which doesn't seem to show the right battery level and at this point my laptop just dies with no warning when the gauge is at around 40 %. The battery gauge reset doesn't help at all. I've even tried with a new replacement battery, but the results are the same.

I hope there is a way to fix this.

SeniorGuru
Views: 772
Message 2 of 3

Re: G580 battery gauge reset problem

If on Windows 10 this may be due to the Energy Manager app not working correctly. I would uninstall that app, then see if the battery works as it should.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Internett3000
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 3 of 3

Re: G580 battery gauge reset problem

Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry for the late answer.

I'm on windows 8. I've deleted the energy management app, and for a while it seemed like the battery gauge was getting more accurate where it would go all the way down to 5% and go into hibernation as i've set in my battery settings.

Unfortunately that only happened once, now it's back to shutting off around 50 %.

I guess i may have to just adjust the battery settings to where it goes into hibernation at 50%.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors