Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-25-2013

hungary

7 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 3

G580 - dedicated memory issue

2013-03-30, 0:31 AM

Hi,

I have a g580 laptop with Pentium Dual Core B960 processor and 4 GB ram. Now, my problem is that the B960's integrated GPU seems to assign way to high amounts of RAM to itself. Windows says only 2,91 GB of system ram is usable out of the 4,00.

Can this be that the integrated GPU uses this much RAM and if so, how could I decrease this number to have at least a round 3GB System ram available?

I have a a dedicated nvidia GPU with 2 GB memory so I really dont need the integrated GPU to take gigs of rams out of my system.

Thank you for your anwers in advance

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: G580 - dedicated memory issue

2013-04-03, 10:17 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Based on what I read from your post the RAM installed in the system is 4GB but windows are displaying it as 2.91 GB only.  First of ai would like to confirm whether you are using a 32 Bit version of windows or 64 Bit version.

32 bit Windows is limited to recognizing 3.2 GBs of RAM. If you need to utilize and recognize 4 GBs or more RAM you will need use Windows 64 bit. 

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Options

7 Posts

03-25-2013

hungary

7 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: G580 - dedicated memory issue

2013-04-03, 22:37 PM

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed I have 32 bit windows. Now it says on my computer properties page, under System section:

"Installed memory (RAM): 4,00 GB (2,91 usable)"

since my last post I figured out that maybe the problem lies not with the integrated GPU but rather with the dedicated nVidia graphics card, as in the system info tab the nvidia control panel states the GPU's "shared system memory" to be 1235 Mb.

Now, I guess this "1235 Mb" ram is just the amount of memory I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any setting in the nvidia control panel where shared system memory could be adjusted..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms