02-14-2013

iran

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

G580 many lag and shot hang and some time continuos hang

2013-02-15, 11:02 AM

I have a G580 i5 2.40Ghz. win7. 32 bit. I just bougth my laptop 3 month ago.

When lag or short hang  happens to me, the mouse cursor becomes completely uncontrolable and circulate around its self. The important part is, nothing major may be running, nor did I do anything major on the machine. It could be as simple as opening a new webpage ... or launching a normal program. that I launch every day. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I formatted this machine, thinking it could something wrong with the O/S ... thinking update driver would help, I also updated Intel HD and nVidia driver.... and it did not make a difference. I have owned various Lenovo machines since and I've NEVER had this problem before with any other machine!

I see whole of topic that are same as my problem I do what they do but my problem doesn't solve. specialy my problem is very simillar with topic "T410: lag spikes/short hangs/unresponsive system" that solve his problem . I did same az he but it didn't make a diffrence.

sorry if my English isn't good.

regards,

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Views: 274702
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G580 many lag and shot hang and some time continuos hang

2013-02-15, 21:57 PM

hi asadi-siyavash,

Most freezing issues are commonly caused by faulty drivers or bad HDD. Since you've already reformatted the PC, try to:

1. Perform a clean boot - this makes sure there's no application on the background that's causing the lag spikes.

1. Scan the HDD for defects using the Lenovo HDD Diagnostics. As an alternative, you can use HD Tune to check for bad sectors on the HDD.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete