Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macdee
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 3

G580: no boot or BIOS access after OS install

l have lenovo G580 ,when l installed a new operating system l formatted the whole hard drive including the lenovo property files,and now when l press the power button it wont show the lenovo logo and it doesnt show anything and strucks there amd cant show the bios

Moderator note: off-topic post moved to its own thread.  Subject edited to match content.  Was: Re: lenovo logo missing from pc information. OEM information missing in regedit.exe

Guru
Views: 141
Message 2 of 3

Re: G580: no boot or BIOS access after OS install

Can you share more information? Especially, what OS did you installed and possibly share shome photos?

------
SeniorGuru
Views: 101
Message 3 of 3

Re: G580: no boot or BIOS access after OS install

For the most part, if you formatted the whole drive (wiped it out) and lost the original factory partitions there is no option to recover the system to that factory supplied OS, or running state.

If the unit is not showing the Lenovo logo at start up, not showing anything on screen, it may be due to a hardware issue (LCD, System board) and we will need more information from the status LED lights (blinking, colors, etc) to go deeper.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors