Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoboFramet
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 1 of 3

G580 start up issue with a boot screen

Hi - first post here hope someone can help

on a G580 laptop I’m getting a boot screen, I can’t post a photo at the moment as I don’t know how to resize a photo on my iPhone!

The screen has two options, boot menu or app menu and four options below, the first on boot menu is “ATA HDD ........” and on app menu there are two options, setup and diagnostic splash.

Everything I’ve tried takes

me back to first screen

The recovery button options also end up back in that first screen!

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 167
Message 2 of 3

Re: G580 start up issue with a boot screen

Hi RoboFramet! 

Welcome to the community forums. If you already tried the Novo button(recovery button) and it is still doing the same result. This is a hardware issue. Please contact your local Lenovo support for further assistance with repair. 

Please use this global contact list: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

RoboFramet
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 3 of 3

Re: G580 start up issue with a boot screen

Thanks - I will contact them.  Will probably need handing over to a techy person for repair or hard drive rescue/transfer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors