Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itszoegee
What's DOS?
Views: 514
Message 1 of 3

G585 Video Streaming Problem

Hello. I've got a Lenovo G585 that's about 4 months old. I've already had a few problems with it but they just seem to fix themselves.. But for about a month now, I go on youtube and try to stream a video, and my internet cuts off immediately! Literally. I can't go on any website after this, all I can do to fix this is turning my computer on and back on. I tried logging out but that doesn't change anything. It's very annoying because everytime this happens I have to drop everything I was doing to restart my computer. You could tell me "Just don't go on youtube" Buut I love youtube and I use it quite a lot. Please help! Thank you

Moderator Note; post moved to here to start new thread, subject edited to reflect content.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 484
Message 2 of 3

Re: G585 Video Streaming Problem

hi itszoegee,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

What you're encountering is really weird as your internet connection just cuts off when you go to youtube. Perhaps you have a security software that automatically locks down your internet connection when you access certain websites? It'll also be helpful to know if your IP address gets change, the security software that you use, or the internet goes from Internet Access to Limited Connectivity during the incident.

Also, try to boot in Safe Mode with Networking and see if the problem persists (this will isolate the issue of a third party software that might be causing the issue)

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Former Employee
Views: 445
Message 3 of 3

Re: G585 Video Streaming Problem

Hi itszoegee,

Thanks for posting. Was reading through this thread and what "neokenchi" have mentions here is correct it is peculiar that the internet is shutting itself suddenly. I would suggest totry his suggestion in trying this out is safe mode.

However I'd like to check with you, does this happen when you're on other sites that runs flash videos? I would suggest you try other sites running flash videos just to see if you're facing the same issue? How about going to other sites do notice any disconnection?

Hope to hear back.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors