Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-06-2013

Seattle WA

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 6

G585 top of trackpad not working right?

2013-07-06, 22:11 PM

I have a two-day-old G585.  When I drag my finger from the top of the trackpad down, it doesn't "register" until I get about halfway down and then the mouse gets going.  Once the mouse gets going, the whole trackpad is active, but why doesn't it work from the get-go?

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: G585 top of trackpad not working right?

2013-07-11, 20:44 PM

hi geoffhazel,

First try to identify what touchpad you have by Checking the touchpad Hardware IDs.

Here's how;

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

Note: On that tutorial it was done with the disk drive, You will have to do it with the entry under Mice and other Pointing Device

You can paste it back here Just the hardware ID. and we'll check what's your device, for further troubleshooting.

-But-

If you already know your Touchpad manufacturer, Completely uninstall it under device manager by placing a check on Delete the driver software fir this device. Then Restart the system,

You may check IF you can work much better with the native driver,if yes then you're good,  If not then download one driver here according to your Windows version.

Touchpad Driver (Synaptics, ElanTECH) Windows 7

Touchpad Driver (Synaptics, ElanTECH) Windows 8

Best Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

07-06-2013

Seattle WA

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2013-07-11, 22:49 PM

this is the hardware ID for my synaptics touchpad.

ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_073B
ACPI\SYN073B
*SYN073B

I called Lenovo tech support and the tech spent a long time working remotely to uninstall and reinstall the driver and we kept getting the same driver with the same issue.  I looked at the windows 8 driver link in the post above and saw that it is the same driver version as I have installed.

The last suggestion she had was to do a re-image of the computer back to factory specs but I am not where I can backup my files so that is off the table for now. 

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 4 of 6

2013-07-11, 23:08 PM

hi again geoffhazel,

Can you uninstalling the synaptics driver from control panel / programs and Install this

Windows 8/7/XP/Vista 64/32-bit Edition v16.3.15.1

This one's directly from Synaptics Center, dont mind the version of this one Synaptics has a different Driver Version count,

See if this works,

thanks

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

07-06-2013

Seattle WA

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-07-16, 19:48 PM

No, sorry, that didn't work either.  I followed the recommendation of the phone tech and reimaged the entire box.  It "worked" in that the touch pad now works as expected, but I have not yet logged into Windows, it's still at the initial set up screen.  But I will say that it worked outside of Windows before I reimaged it as well.

I'm taking it back to the store for return, so we can close this issue here.

Options

5 Posts

07-06-2013

Seattle WA

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-07-16, 21:04 PM

And after it was reimaged, the store fired up Windows on a fresh image and it STILL did it.  So it works out side of windows but not in windows.  Full refund at the store for return, no restocking fee.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms