Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdpesn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,394
Message 1 of 2

G70 Plugged in...NOT CHARGING

Hello,

I have this message (PLUGGED IN, NOT CHARGING) that others have had.  I tried (as per someone in this forum) removing energy management software, reseat the battery, let it charge, and then restart.  I'm currently on the 3 step of charging.  What's strange is that it still says it's charging, but its now at 100%.  Is this considered fully charged?  Just wondering if I should restart.  

Also, how long before performing the GAUGE RESET is a good idea?  Does the process really take hours as the remark in the program.  I've only had this laptop for a few weeks.

Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,360
Message 2 of 2

Re: G70 Plugged in...NOT CHARGING

Hi Jdpesn,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery in your Lenovo G70 laptop.

You can uninstall the Microsoft ACPI; go to device manager select the drop down list under batteries. Right click on the Microsoft ACPI complaint control battery method and select uninstall and restart the machine.

Battery gauge reset depends on the number of cells of the battery, if the battery is 9 cells it more time to charge and discharge.

Try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI first then try to perform battery gauge reset. Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,                                                                                                                              

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors