cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlc1996
What's DOS?
Views: 650
Message 1 of 2

G700 - Plugged in Not Charging!/ "Wrong battery/charger" message when first turned on

Hi,

So this Lenovo G700 Laptop is a few years old but before I received it, it had been used only a handful of times. I have recently been on holiday and before I left I unplugged my laptop from the mains and so the battery ran down to nothing. I came home and plugged it back in again, turned my laptop on and now it is telling me that I have the wrong battery or battery charger and so it will not charge. However, I know for a fact that both the battery and the charger are the ones that came with the laptop when my stepfather bought it new around three years ago. Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

mikie
Token Ring
Views: 629
Message 2 of 2

Re: G700 - Plugged in Not Charging!/ "Wrong battery/charger" message when first turned on

Did you try when first start it up, and first see the display start up... during that bios screen advertisement or very quickly once it goes off... push and hold the power button in for 5 seconds and it should turn off.

Next start hopefully its ok, if not remove the battery and a/c power and push that start button a few times to drain any capacitors of holding charges... put it back together and cross fingers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors