Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidS296
What's DOS?
Views: 312
Message 1 of 2

G700 Restore failed and now it won't boot

Hi,

My G700 laptop was running slow and nothing on there was needed, so I decided to perform a full system reset to start from scratch. 

This failed part-way through (not sure on percentage) and now when I try to turn it on I just get the Lenovo logo for 20 seconds, followed my a black screen, followed by the Lenovo logo and so on.. I have tried holding the power down for 15 seconds with no battery with no success (flee power I think?). It also does not let me get into the BIOS menu. 

I thought I'd try this as a last resort before going into a repair shop. Thanks!

SeniorGuru
Views: 269
Message 2 of 2

Re: G700 Restore failed and now it won't boot

@DavidS296 wrote:

Hi,

My G700 laptop was running slow and nothing on there was needed, so I decided to perform a full system reset to start from scratch. 

This failed part-way through (not sure on percentage) and now when I try to turn it on I just get the Lenovo logo for 20 seconds, followed my a black screen, followed by the Lenovo logo and so on.. I have tried holding the power down for 15 seconds with no battery with no success (flee power I think?). It also does not let me get into the BIOS menu. 

I thought I'd try this as a last resort before going into a repair shop. Thanks!

It sounds like there is an issue with the hard disk drive... Usually this does happen when data is lost or corrupted on the hard drive.   You can test this out by trying to boot from a Linux DVD (free in most linux magaziens, or from a download) like Linux Mint...  It is a non-destructive process, one that does not load anything to the hard drive, but runs from DVD.

If you can try powering on the notebook using the "Lenovo" button (One Key Recover) that usually is a smaller button next to the power button or on the right side of the notebook and this should show you a list of options, including  BIOS.

If the computer still fails boot from DVD or enter BIOS there may be other issues at work.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors