Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bambi_eyez
Punch Card
Views: 833
Message 1 of 3

G700: Won't boot past 'Lenovo' Splash Screen

Hi guys,

I'm dealing with a problem which is currently (but I sincerely hope, not permanently) rendering my G700 useless.

When I attempt to boot my PC it freezes at the Lenovo splash screen. I've waited ample amount of time but nothing appears to happen. One time I waited and managed to get into a Windows troubleshooting menu where I attempted to wipe the PC and start fresh, but this also froze at the lenovo screen soon after.

Pressing the Novo button gives me 4 options but it appears to freeze, not allowing me to scroll through the options, or press enter. If I remove the harddrive it tells me to insert media and press OK, but once again, it appears to freeze as pressing enter doesn't do anything. I've tried booting from a USB stick but can't seem to get into any setting which would allow me to do this.

I Removed DVD drive as I read on this forum that it was an issue with different Lenovo laptops, and since I don't use it anyway, decided to give it a go, but unfortunately nothing changed :-(

If any kind soul could advise me with what I could possibly do, it be would be greatly appreciated as I'm dreading the thought of having to purchase a new laptop.

SeniorGuru
Views: 778
Message 2 of 3

Re: G700: Won't boot past 'Lenovo' Splash Screen

try a BIOS reset...

1. Turn off notebook
2. Remove AC power and main battery
3. Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
4. Reinstall battery, attach AC power and boot the notebook using the "Lenovo" button.
5. Choose BIOS from list of options, then set defaults, save and exit.
6. Boot using Lenovo button again, enter BIOS and run diagnostics.

Let me know what happens.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
bambi_eyez
Punch Card
Views: 770
Message 3 of 3

Re: G700: Won't boot past 'Lenovo' Splash Screen

Unfortunately the same issue occurs. I get the 4 options of:
Normal Startup
Bios Setup
Boot Menu
System Recovery

I'm unable to scroll through the options by pressing up or down and pressing enter does nothing either.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors