cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigger67
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 1 of 7

G710 laptop - can't enable Bluetooth headphones as it's greyed out .. 3 hours of trying !!

Please help me before I go insane .. 

I've got a Belkin BT receiver for my hifi and it's taken me three hours today to get the **bleep** thing paired to my G710 laptop.
Everything is connected properly but there is no sound from it.
I'm a hifi nerd and wanted to run audio wirelessly from my laptop as I'm tired of dragging cables around and want to use internet radio too.

So I've been on countless Google searches, forums and through this site too but I cannot - no matter how many times I reboot and reinstall drivers - cannot cannot get the BT headphone option to enable. It's permanently greyed out and everything still comes through the laptop's speakers.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong Smiley Sad

SeniorGuru
Views: 158
Message 2 of 7

Re: G710 laptop - can't enable Bluetooth headphones as it's greyed out .. 3 hours of trying !!

Belkin BT receiver or headphones, or both? Just a bit of confusion that....

Running with BT receiver linked to Notebook under "headphones" not working.... Have you reached out to Belkin on this? They may have a better grip on the BT side of the product.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
rigger67
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 3 of 7

Re: G710 laptop - can't enable Bluetooth headphones as it's greyed out .. 3 hours of trying !!

Receiver.
I don't have any BT headphones but couldn't see how else to connect it.

Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

rigger67
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 4 of 7

Sorted.
I found a solution on another forum.

SeniorGuru
Views: 98
Message 5 of 7

@rigger67 wrote:

Sorted.
I found a solution on another forum.

What was the issue - the Notebook or the reciever?

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
rigger67
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 6 of 7

The settings on Windows 8.1.

Both bits of hardware were fine .. just Win8 is a bit rubbish when it comes to BT.

Still, got there in the end .. 

Thanks.
Paul

SeniorGuru
Views: 94
Message 7 of 7

LOL - I could not agree with you more. I run Linux Mint / Windows 10 just to avoid Windows 8 and 8.1 issues.

Post back if needed.

Cheers.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors