Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riskybiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 596
Message 1 of 2

G770 Laptop will not resume from hibernate

I hibernated my Lenovo G770 laptop (H2O Insyde Bios, Windows 7) last night with a USB hard drive attached. On trying to resuming this morning I get the error:

Windows Boot Manager

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I suspect that this may be related to the USB hard drive, which is powered on and attached. I've tried to boot with/without the drive, also tried to boot the Windows recovery CD but none of them work and I cannot get into the bios to alter the boot order (Have tried all the f* keys). When trying to enter the bios I just end up at the Windows Boot Manager, presumably because the system is trying to resume from hibernate all the time. If I press the space bar during boot then the only boot option shown is Windows 7, no option to drop the hibernated version and restart.

HELP, I need this machine for my work. Can you suggest what I might do next?

Thanks

Riskybiz

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 585
Message 2 of 2

Re: G770 Laptop will not resume from hibernate

Hi Riskybiz and welcome to the community,

Long shot, unplug the ac adapter, take out the battery, disconnect the external hard drive and press the power button for 10 seconds.  Do that 5 times, then plug in just the ac adapter and see if it boots.  

If it still doesn't boot, at least see if you can get into safe mode, (F8 at startup), or see if you can change the boot order.  You might have to do a Windows repair.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors