Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chocourrier
What's DOS?
Views: 2,644
Message 1 of 3

G770 and Windows 10: no driver for webcam

Hello all!

Yesterday, 06.12.2015, there was a Windows 10 update to the build 1511 for x64 (KB3122947). Since then, the webcam is marked with an exclamation mark in the hardware panel. Right clicking on it and asking Windows to make an automatic update of the driver doesn't solve the issue, as an error is encountered during the installation.

I looked at the Lenovo download page, typed G770 and... there is no drivers for Windows 10. Even worse, it's not even listed in the list of Win 10 compatible devices, but I had the free upgrade to Windows 10!

Can anyone help to bring my webcam back to life again?

Note: Lenovo Companion doesn't want to start too, asking for a driver, rebooting and asking for the driver again, endlessly....

Thanks in advance for your help!

oscarsmay
What's DOS?
Views: 2,119
Message 2 of 3

Re: G770 and Windows 10: no driver for webcam

I recently updated to Windows 10, and was wondering if there was any reply from Lenovo on this?

Thank you.
Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 2,110
Message 3 of 3

Re: G770 and Windows 10: no driver for webcam

I would suggest downloading the driver for Windows 8, look in the folder it creates and find the setup executable (.exe) file and right click on it to choose compatiblity mode, set it for Windows 8 and apply then run the installer.

If that does not work, try uninstalling the device then reboot and see if it finds a good driver for it.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors