Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gagt
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 1 of 2

G780 Windows 10 Lenovo Solution Center

Can someone tell me if there is a memory problem with my G780 laptop?  There is 8 gb RAM installed.  On the baseline snapshot, the total size and size are both 8.54 gb but on the current snapshot,the total size and size are only 1.25 gb.  Is this normal?  How can I get this back to 8.54 gb?  Thanks in advance.

Image removed

Mod's Edit: Image removed for the owner's protection as it showed the serial number of the system. Please edit out the serial number if you wish to re-post the image. Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 146
Message 2 of 2

Re: G780 Windows 10 Lenovo Solution Center

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Although I am not too well versed in all the aspects of the Lenovo Solution Center, from what I understand there is no problem with your system.  The memory statistic you are seeing concerns the Windows Page File which is sort of a virtual memory that Windows uses on your hard drive.  As your system memory starts to get full, Windows will move the least used data to the Page File on the hard drive to free up system memory.  In your situation, Lenovo Solution Center is showing that 1.25 GB of the Page File is currently in use. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors