Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaiSurej
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 1 of 2

G780 Windows 7 SD/SDHC card reader and Headphone jack not working

I have a Lenovo G780 laptop, and have had it for over a year, until 2 weeks back, everything was working fine. I started to have problems with the headphone jack where sound only came out of right ear.  Stereo Speakers were working fine. I made sure to go into Sound> Playback devices to make sure the Conexant Smart Audio was working right and the sound to L and R were balanced. I reinstalled the drivers (or what I found) and still it did not help. Now, a few days ago, the headphone jack stopped working completely (speakers still work). I retored my laptop to an earlier restor point (a month back when everything was working fine) and still no effect. Today when I tried to use the built in SD card reader, that I had used many times before, the card  reader would not detect it. I tried other Cards and they did not work either. I tried re installing the realtek drivers and got no effect. In device manager, whenever i insert the card, the wind refreshes, but nothing shows up in My Computer.

I take good car of not laptop and there is no visible damage to any part of the laptop. I suspect the board inside is somehow damaged because the jack and card reader are located within a few mm of eachother. I have not yet tried factory restore, but all restore points do not fix the issue.

SaiSurej
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 2 of 2

Re: G780 Windows 7 SD/SDHC card reader and Headphone jack not working

I got the headphones to the previous state somehow where sound comes out of right ear, but that's it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors