Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshly
Paper Tape
Views: 8,795
Message 1 of 10

G780 Wireless Drivers - Failed to install

I recently purchased a Lenovo G780 from newegg on some end of year sales, the computer came with (almost) exactly what I was looking for and within a price range I was comfortable in investing. I am very happy with the performance of the PC, but ultimately decided to swap windows 8 out for windows 7 home premuim.

That said I have done a clean installation of Win7, downloaded all the drivers from the support section of the website. Everything was working and going great until I got to this driver Intel WiMax Driver. The card is identified in the device manager as "Network Controller" but has no driver, nor can windows find another to install. I spent a few hours searching here and on google, unable to find similar problems regarding the wifi.

When the file for the download is opened, it gives a message saying "Unable to find specified path" or something along the lines and closes through a series of message boxes. My question is there perhaps an older version of the driver that can be downloaded from lenovo? Or is there something I have overlooked? I would very much like to get the Wifi working, as it is the last hurdle to getting everything set up.

Thank you for your time!

-Josh

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,778
Message 2 of 10

Re: G780 Wireless Drivers - Failed to install

hi Joshly,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

The Network Controller device for the Lenovo G780 is usually the Intel Wireless Adapter with WiMax capability. Can you try to install the following for Windows 8 (32bit / 64bit):

Intel Wireless LAN Driver              Intel WiMax Driver
v15.5.0.42                                    v7.5.1007.26

0qwl07w8.exe                              0qwo03w8.exe          
540KB                                         88.7MB

Let me know if you get any errors.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Joshly
Paper Tape
Views: 8,766
Message 3 of 10

Sorry for the delayed response, hopefully I'll get a day off soon.

I installed the drivers you provided, which installed just fine, but have had no effect.

To clarify possible uknowns, here is a link to the exact setup Newegg, but with windwos 8 replaced with 7 home premium. I'm unsure to what the Network Controller exactly is, without popping the back cover off. At any rate, I suppose I'll do that when I obtain a little free time - else someone knows the solution?

I had trouble getting the win7 drivers to install, so is there an older version of those posted anywhere?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,757
Message 4 of 10

hi Joshly,

Upon closely checking the spare parts on the Lenovo G780, it looks like it has a Broadcom BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter. To verify if this is really the WLAN card on your PC, use AIDA64 Extreme Edition to determine the model type. Click on the spoiler for details.

Spoiler
wifi.png

If this is your wireless adapter, install the Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit) drivers below:

WiFi Link Driver (Intel, CyberTan, Liteon)

v15.0.0.75/5.100.82.112/9.2.0.462/5.100.82.112

0wwl07ww.exe
179MB

Edit: Added a direct link for the Windows 7 drivers 

Let me know if you get any errors

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Joshly
Paper Tape
Views: 8,745
Message 5 of 10

Thank you very much neokenchi! 

I was able to use the program to determine that the network controller was Atheros AR9485, and downloaded the drivers respectfully.

Everything works now, and am more than happy!

Cheers!

Josh

Lieslot
Paper Tape
Views: 8,174
Message 6 of 10

Hi josh, can you post me the download URL for that Atheros wireless driver for win 7 - 64 bit

I am searching and searching ....

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,164
Message 7 of 10

hi Lieslot,

I believe Josh installed the Atheros AR9485 v10.0.0.221 Windows 7 driver from the Atheros Website

Let me know if you get any errors.

Cheers

Lieslot
Paper Tape
Views: 8,153
Message 8 of 10

I try the first two .zip and still not work...

Pfff find not good that on site of lenovo we don't find the right drivers for wirelless...

Important because we need to update the win 7

Stil searching

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,141
Message 9 of 10

hi Lieslot,

That's weird, have you tried manually installing the drivers?

Try this driver as an alternative:

Cybertan AR9485 Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7

Hope this helps.

Lieslot
Paper Tape
Views: 8,103
Message 10 of 10

Hi;

I try that manual way for the Atheros drivers (nothing works)

Yesterday evening I install all the update of win 7 first (with cable) and the broadcom N wirelless driver was installed.

So wireless works but I think not with the best drivers at all.

I will try you other exe now and then stop this searching...

Thanks again for the help and fast repley

greets lieslot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors