Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidebond
Blue Screen Again
Views: 279
Message 1 of 4

G780 - audio card

Hi. I own a G780 Lenovo notebook. My question is: support the audio card std, the 5.1 surround and the 5.1 multichannels?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

davide

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

SeniorGuru
Views: 263
Message 2 of 4

Re: audio card

From looking at your maintence manual, the only audio output I see is for Headphones with a seperate input for microphone.  This usually means it can support stereo headsets and communications headsets (with built in mic) in 2 channel (stereo) mode.  The notebook appears to also only use two speakers for sound production whitch would also indicate 2 channel (stereo) mode.

A USB sound card (dongle) could allow for 5.1 attachment provided it has the right outputs (Left, Right front channels, Left, Right rear channels, Center and Sub).  This may also be supplied by a docking station if that came with the notebook.  In general, notebook computers do not have a need for 5.1 sound as they are "mobile" devices at heart, meant for portable use.   Only when "docked" would one expect to be able to plug in an expansive set of sound devices.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
davidebond
Blue Screen Again
Views: 256
Message 3 of 4

I supposed it... At any rate, this external usb dac support dts format:

http://www.amazon.de/NuForce-ICON-DAC-SILVER-Icon-Dac-Silber/dp/B00E83MYOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

I purchased it time ago and it works fine.

May you suggest an external dac with 5.1. digital surround support?

Thanks and best,

davide

SeniorGuru
Views: 247
Message 4 of 4

One such as this would be a good idea.  Not fluent in German to read specs but it has the right jacks, both in and out for surround sound.

7.1 USB Sound Box - Amazon (DE)

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors