Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrb1970
Blue Screen Again
Views: 310
Message 1 of 2

G780 wireless connectivity issues

Hi, I've searched this forum and Google and I don't seem to be the only one with this issue, but it's not clear to me how to resolve.

• G780 Laptop
  • Windows 7 Home Premium.  64-bit Operating System
  • Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.  Driver Version 9.2.0.500  (I've run the automatic seach for updated driver and Windows has advised I have the latest version) 

Connecting via wireless seems to be getting worse.

Originally it would occasionally loose connection and I would run the "Troubleshoot Problems" prompt and it would be resolved.  

Then it deteriorated and I would then have to reboot.  

Now even that hasn't worked recently - so this evening I've disabled/enabled the wireless adapter which made no difference so I uninstalled it and rebooted and on start up it reinstalled which temporarily provided wireless connectivity (for about 30 seconds)!!

All the troubleshooting prompt does is suggest connecting with an ethernet cable...   - not the most useful response when wanting to be wireless :-/

Any help would be appreciated.

mrb1970
Blue Screen Again
Views: 275
Message 2 of 2

Re: G780 wireless connectivity issues

.....and sometimes the wireless network card is not picked up when I look in the Device Manager but sometime it is.

Is it a case of me having to open it up and physically checking the connections? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors