Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DN12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 460
Message 1 of 3

Genuine Lenovo charger 'unauthorised', G700 not charging

The charger supplied with my Lenovo G700 recently stopped working completely (it was making a weird bleeping sound when plugged in as well), so I purchased another genuine Lenovo charger identical to the first. However, my laptop doesn't recognise that this is an authentic Lenovo product and keeps telling me that I'm using an 'unauthorised battery', so my laptop can only be plugged in, and not charging. So far I've been unable to find a suitable fix on google. I'm reluctant to buy another charger as they are so expensive, in case I encounter the same problem again. 

Any suggesions/experiences would be very helpful! Thank you Smiley Happy 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 458
Message 2 of 3

Re: Genuine Lenovo charger 'unauthorised', G700 not charging

If the original charger made strange noises, you might have damaged the power circuitry on the motherboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
DN12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 453
Message 3 of 3

Re: Genuine Lenovo charger 'unauthorised', G700 not charging

Thanks for your reply! The bleeping sound was coming from the power pack on the actual charger, and happened one day out of the blue, it has never worked since so I haven't used it. If that is the case though, what can I do to fix it? I'm pretty good with computers, but not when it comes to what's actually inside them, haha! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors