cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredCancino
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 1 of 2

Glitched screen after sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad 320 15ABR (Ubuntu 18.04) (Graphic drivers maybe)

Hello everyone! I have Ubuntu 18.04 installed on my Lenovo Ideapad 320 15-ABR as a single system. Since I made the change from Windows 10,  when i return to open the computer after "close" it and suspend it for a few minutes or hours, I find the screen completely stuck and glitched in colors without anything i can do but turn off and then on again the computer whit the power button. I've read in Ubuntu forums that could be because the drivers I'm using for the graphics card are generic and "free" of linux. The problem is that I can not install proprietary drivers (AMD Radeon) because the amd drivers website doesnt allow these be downloaded individually, but ask to "identify" your hardware using an app for windows that you are asked to download. The problem is that this app can not be installed or run on Linux systems. Any idea how to find the correct drivers for my equipment, available for download? And some idea of ​​how to install them correctly in Ubuntu? Thanks in advice Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 144
Message 2 of 2

Re: Glitched screen after sleep mode in Lenovo Ideapad 320 15ABR (Ubuntu 18.04) (Graphic drivers may

Try the Ubuntu forums, look for AMD drivers - there should be an Offical one listed in some of the messages.  I was using that version on one of my AMD A4 computers and ran into the same issues, but have not had them after switching over to Linux Mint.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors