BA

8 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 2

HDD not detected in Bios

2018-06-06, 17:37 PM

Hi all,

Today i bought Kingston A400 SSD and HDD Caddy. I installed my SSD to primary SATA port and HDD to HDD Caddy.

After that i went to Bios and  HDD was not detected. Then i went to install Windows and Windows detected HDD.

After installation i went to "This PC" and HDD was detected and working fine but HDD still is not detected in Bios

Solved! See the solution
Options

2376 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1517 Signins

24061 Page Views

• Views: 24061
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: HDD not detected in Bios

2018-06-06, 20:43 PM

wrote:

Hi all,

Today i bought Kingston A400 SSD and HDD Caddy. I installed my SSD to primary SATA port and HDD to HDD Caddy.

After that i went to Bios and  HDD was not detected. Then i went to install Windows and Windows detected HDD.

After installation i went to "This PC" and HDD was detected and working fine but HDD still is not detected in Bios

If the caddy was used in place of the Optical Drive, then it may have something to do with the Optical Drive Sata Controller.  Some notebooks use a thrid party controller for the optical drive, and the primary controller (chipset controller) for the HDD drives.  This usually is due to the enhanced features and control options that are present on HDD and SSD drives, but not used on Optical Drives.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete