Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bosnianson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,288
Message 1 of 2

HDD not detected in Bios

Hi all,

Today i bought Kingston A400 SSD and HDD Caddy. I installed my SSD to primary SATA port and HDD to HDD Caddy.

After that i went to Bios and  HDD was not detected. Then i went to install Windows and Windows detected HDD.

After installation i went to "This PC" and HDD was detected and working fine but HDD still is not detected in Bios

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,261
Message 2 of 2

Re: HDD not detected in Bios

@Bosnianson wrote:

Hi all,

Today i bought Kingston A400 SSD and HDD Caddy. I installed my SSD to primary SATA port and HDD to HDD Caddy.

After that i went to Bios and  HDD was not detected. Then i went to install Windows and Windows detected HDD.

After installation i went to "This PC" and HDD was detected and working fine but HDD still is not detected in Bios

If the caddy was used in place of the Optical Drive, then it may have something to do with the Optical Drive Sata Controller.  Some notebooks use a thrid party controller for the optical drive, and the primary controller (chipset controller) for the HDD drives.  This usually is due to the enhanced features and control options that are present on HDD and SSD drives, but not used on Optical Drives.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors