GB

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

HELP! G50 not charging

2017-01-29, 20:21 PM

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me, my husband got bought me the Lenovo G50 laptop yesterday, I have been setting it up to move from my old laptop to this one, but have noticed that the battery isn't charging, I have seen in the past that there have been some issues.

But could do with a step by step guide to get this sorted, if there is no solution I need to go and get a refund and look for another laptop.

Any help would be grateful, as I can not see how this will stay charged when I go off to visit clients!

Many thanks

Roisin

Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP! G50 not charging

2017-01-30, 16:38 PM

wrote:

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me, my husband got bought me the Lenovo G50 laptop yesterday, I have been setting it up to move from my old laptop to this one, but have noticed that the battery isn't charging, I have seen in the past that there have been some issues.

But could do with a step by step guide to get this sorted, if there is no solution I need to go and get a refund and look for another laptop.

Any help would be grateful, as I can not see how this will stay charged when I go off to visit clients!

Many thanks

Roisin

Hi Roisin and welcome to the community,

A static discharge can attempt to resolve this problem, and below are some instructions on how to perform this:

1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

If this does not work then yes i would go back to the retailer

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms