cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valtervf
Paper Tape
Views: 2,117
Message 1 of 4

HOW TO REMOVE LENOVO G40-70 BIOS PASSWORD?

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME??
I CAN NOT ACCESS MY HD DATA ALSO BECAUSE I ASK FOR PASSWORD
WHEN I ON THE NOTEBOOK APPEARS A SYSTEM Password Screen
I CAN NOT ACCESS ITS BIOS.
JA FIZ SMALL TEST, REMOVI THE BATTERY HAS NOT ADDITIONAL.
I WILL NOT WAIT, VALTER VFHF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,089
Message 2 of 4

Re: HOW TO REMOVE LENOVO G40-70 BIOS PASSWORD?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problem.  From what you have described I'm not sure if the hard drive password or a BIOS Power On password was enabled on your system.  Unfortunately with either password, discussions are limited by Forum Rules.  This is due to the ease in which laptops are stolen.  If you didn't activate the passwording on your laptop then I would suggest checking with anyone who may have had access to it.  Only they can assist you in removing that password.  The alternative is to contact Lenovo Support for replacement of hardware that is locked by the password. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

LeonardoS79
What's DOS?
Views: 214
Message 3 of 4

I have same question of bios problem too.  I can't enter in bios setup because i"m forget my bios password.  How to remove bios password lenovo G40? Others brand it's very simple to clear their bios password.  Can you (lenovo)  help me your customer? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 184
Message 4 of 4

The passwords are there to protect your private information against theft.  It wouldn't provide much protection if it were easy to remove.  The only options are to replace the motherboard or remember the password.  Discussions about how to defeat security measures are not allowed so I am locking this thread.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors