cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmgtn
Paper Tape
Views: 5,920
Message 1 of 6

Hardware Scan Warning - what do the codes mean?

I ran a Hardware Scan on my laptop (G500S) and a couple of warnings came up. It didn't give me any detail on what the warnings were, just result codes. How do I find out what the codes mean?

The two codes I got were:

• SMART Short Self Test - Warning - Result code WHD00V000-HK9Z1J
  • Local connection test - Warning - Result code WWF00F000-HK9Z1J

Is there a lookup table somewhere so I can find out what these warnings are?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,898
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hardware Scan Warning - what do the codes mean?

hi nmgtn,

Welcome to the Forums.

The image below is the breakdown on how the LSC error codes mean.

- Link to picture

The SMART Self-Test Unit means that the diagnostic utility failed to read some certain sectors on the drive and predicted an imminent HDD failure.

As for the Local Connection Test - Warning error, this article states that:

These warnings appear due to the state of the network your PC is connected to and not the state of the wireless LAN hardware in the PC.  For example, the user may not be connected to a wireless LAN network or the wireless LAN network may not have access to the internet.

These warning messages do not indicate a hardware issue.  No hardware should be replaced as a result of these warnings.

I recommend you contact lenovo support and report your findings as you likely need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lorelei739
Punch Card
Views: 3,814
Message 3 of 6

worthless answer...the link to the picture does show anything but a logo and the 2nd is just as uninformative.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,807
Message 4 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community lorelei739 !

Please remember that you are responding to a 2 year old post.  Times have changed.  An answer that was relevant back then may not be as helpful today. For example the link that shows the logo was for information that has since been withdrawn from publication.  If you are currently experiencing similar issues, please start a new thread.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

MHussient
Paper Tape
Views: 2,024
Message 5 of 6

I have the same issue I bought ideapad 320 5 days a go and from the first start the noticable sound of the HDD  is there. I ran the diagnostic tool and the HDD fails the SMART TEST with warning W1TSK8ACR-MLT53B

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,013
Message 6 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community MHussient !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  Since the laptop is brand new, I would return it to the place of purchase.  Hard drive noise and a failed Smart Test are good indicators that the hard drive is defective and will eventually fail. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors