Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbrowder
Paper Tape
Views: 8,619
Message 1 of 11

Help! My G560 will not turn on.

I purchased this early last fall (2010) so it's very new.  It was working fine yesterday morning.  I stepped away and when I came back it wouldn't come out of hibernation.  Can't power up at all.  I unplugged AC adapter and removed battery.  When I put them back in, the battery light comes on and doesn't blink but when I press the power button it briefly flashes on and then it disappears along with the battery light (even though it's plugged in).  I switched to a new socket and repeated the process and the same thing happens--battery light comes on, press the power button, it flashes and then both lights disappear. 

Please help.  I teach online college courses with this laptop and I need it up and running.    Any ideas?  Smiley Happy

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 8,617
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help! My G560 will not turn on.

jbrowder, welcome to the forum,

please try the following; remove the battery and power cable, press the start button 10 times keeping it depressed each time for 5 seconds, the last time keep it depressed for 10 seconds. After doing this please attach the power cable, not the battery, and start the system.

If everything works OK shut down again and insert the battery and then start it again.

This sounds like some sort of crazy magic, but you'd be surprised how often it has helped. Let us know how you get on.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

jbrowder
Paper Tape
Views: 8,613
Message 3 of 11

I did what you said.  After the part with the start button, I plugged the AC power cable in (no battery in it) and pressed the power button.  The light briefly flashed on then immediately disappeared.  

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 8,609
Message 4 of 11

That's not good Smiley Sad

As you bought the system in fall 2010 I assume you still have warranty on the system. I don"t like doing it, but I think you should give Lenovo support a call.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

aditya_k1001
What's DOS?
Views: 8,493
Message 5 of 11

Betreff: Help! My G560 will not turn on.

Hi! I too am facing the same problem, what did you do? what was the problem?
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,487
Message 6 of 11

Betreff: Help! My G560 will not turn on.

@ aditya_k1001
possible hardware issue.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
tnag
Paper Tape
Views: 8,358
Message 7 of 11

I too have the same problem. If you were able solve your problem please kindy let me know how you did it. Thank you
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,356
Message 8 of 11

hi tnag.

have you made any hardware changes recently?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
tnag
Paper Tape
Views: 8,341
Message 9 of 11

No I didn't. I had this problem earlier and I didn't use my machine for months. But one day when I tried to switch on it worked and continued to work for several day and now I have same issue again.
neville
What's DOS?
Views: 8,227
Message 10 of 11

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, my laptop does not boot up, nor any post sound nor lights appear. I have a Lenovo G560, i5, 460m, 500g, 6gigs ram, it is out of its warranty, I returned it to Lenovo, they replaced the mainboard last year October 2011, which was within the warranty. Now 3 months out of warranty the problem has returned again. A new mainboard is the price of a new laptop!! Any Suggestions?? Please help....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors