Did you mean: 
Highlighted
infitro
Paper Tape
Views: 7,767
Message 1 of 7

Help: XP driver for 3000 G410 wireless adapter

Hi All,

My recently bought g410 came with Vistra (only) drivers CD, while I'm installing winXP instead. I downloaded drivers from Lenovo website and everything worked except the winXP driver for "wireless network adapter" (all 3 of them: Gemtek, 3xxx, & 4xxx), the adapter was simply not recognized.

When I look at g410 spec, it says something like "Wireless Network Type: InviLink 802.11BG", does it mean that it is another type of wireless network driver those available on Lenovo's site? If so, where can I get this driver? Can someone help, please?

Thanks,

fitro

RexDynasty
Punch Card
Views: 7,717
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help: XP driver for 3000 G410 wireless adapter

Maybe it's the "InviLink" thing. Or you just have the same problem which i had with my brothers T23. Go here.
infitro
Paper Tape
Views: 7,707
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I don't know if it's because the "InviLink" thing. My g410 won't even recognize the wireless adapter, as when I went to device manager, I had a "?" in front of the hardware,  not being recognize as anything. Smiley Sad

Other suggestion?

fitro

RexDynasty
Punch Card
Views: 7,695
Message 4 of 7

Whenever you see a "?", that means, that something's not installed correctly. If you installed the WLAN driver, which you saw on the lenovo download page for your laptop and it doesn't work, uninstall it again and download that "InviLink" driver and install that.

By the way; can't you connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable? That should work. If it does, start the "System Update" Software of Lenovo. The software will find all right drivers.

Hope, that you'll solve this problem soon.

silens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,632
Message 5 of 7

Try using the Gemtek driver that came with the vista driver. It is compatible with XP. it worked for me.
infitro
Paper Tape
Views: 7,530
Message 6 of 7

Dear Silens,

Have tried to install the vista driver for Gemtek, and YES, the wireless thing is working now! Thanks for the feedback.

I notice that in the device manager, the device reads something like"Broadcom 802.11g" while from the specification, the wireless adapter should be 802.11bg (the letter "b" is missing from the description). I don't notice any performance issue though, however, would like to know if you have the same description as well?

Dear Rex,

I don't know how to start the system update software, do i need to download from any website?

Thanks,

fitro

silens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,500
Message 7 of 7

Yes, I have the same description. Don't worry about it. As long as it doesnt have that Yellow Exclamation Mark error, you'll be fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors