10-04-2014 09:20 AM
I have refreshed Win8.1 on my notebook because of another problem and now that it is updated back the webcamera does not work, it is not recognised by the system at all. I downloaded the driver from this webpage but did not help.
Can you recommend what to do?
10-06-2014 12:59 PM
When you said the system doesn't recognize the camera, do you get a "no camera found" when opening camera apps like Skype?
Ideally, if the camera is working, there should be a camera device listed under Device Manager > Omaging Devices.
If the Imaging Devices section is missing under Device Manager, can you try the following:
1. Enable Show hidden devices under Device Manager and check if the camera is visible under Imaging Devices.
- if the camera is present, uninstall the Camera and put a check on delete the driver software for this device. When finished, navigate to Control Panel (Icon Views) > Programs and Features and uninstall the Camera Driver.
- if the camera is not present, check if there's an Unknown Device under Device Manger and follow this guide on how to identify the device..
2. Run Windows Update to get the latest patch and drivers for the system (including the Camera)
Let me know how it goes.
10-15-2014 02:15 PM
In programs like Skype there is no camera detected (although it is inbuilt).
In the Device Manager there is no option as Imaging Devices. Also there is nothing under Unknown devices.
10-16-2014 08:16 AM
Other things that you can try:
1. Turn off the machine, remove the AC adapter and battery and hold the power button for 30secs (power drain).
2. Reinsert the battery and AC adapter, press the power button and boot into the BIOS by pressing F2. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload the default hardware configurations of the system and press F10 to save and exit.
3. Once the machine boots back into Windows, ensure these drivers are installed (reboot if necessary):
After installing the drivers, press Fn+ESC and ensure the Camera is ON then check if you can now see the Lenovo Camera under Device Manager > Imaging Devices.
In an event that the camera is still not present even after clicking Show hidden devices then it's likely that the camera is showing signs of failure. If the machine is still under warranty, I recommend you contact lenovo for service, otherwise, a USB camera like this one will be a good alternative
10-28-2014 01:35 PM
Just a quick cross-question: can this problem derive from the fact that on Driver D where all the drivers were kept has been formatted and nothing is on it?
Because also my Bluetooth does not appear on the notebook at all and when I try to install the driver I get the error message: No appropriate driver to be installed.
This is the same case with my Camera.
Thanks in advance.