cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ofircarmi
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 1 of 2

How do I revert back to the factory image after installing Windows 8?

Hi,

I own a Lenovo G550 laptop preinstalled with windows 7 Home Premium. Lately, I've upgraded to Windows 8 Pro. Now that I want to revert back to Windows 7 I can't seem to find a way to do that as the recovery option simply doesn't work (the rescue button is inactive). I didn't format the HD partitions and the recovery partition (where the factory image is located) is still there. All  I did was inserting the Windows 8 DVD and clicking Upgrade - Windows did all the rest.

How can I revert back to Windows 7 that came with the PC?

Thanks, Ofir

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 208
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I revert back to the factory image after installing Windows 8?

hi ofircarmi,

Before you upgraded to Windows 8, did you created your Windows 7 recovery disc using this procedure? The reason I asked is because the One Key Recovery application & the OKR button will not work after you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 as discussed here.

If you didn't created a recovery disc, you will need a retail Windows 7 Disc to downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7 or you contact Lenovo Technical Support to obtain the disc. Support phone list here.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors