cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reneandy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 534
Message 1 of 3

How to have sound come out of built-in speakers instead of headset while plugged in Lenovo G480

I have a headset but I prefer to use my laptop's built-in speakers (I only need to use the microphone). Is there any way I can switch between my laptop speakers and my headset? I have Realtek HD Audio Manager but neither Realtek nor Windows' mixer recognizes the headset whenever I plug it in. It just gets grouped into speakers under the list of playback devices in Sound from the Control Panel. The headset works fine, but I want the sound to come out of my laptop's speakers instead. (I have the headset plugged in in both pictures.)

EDIT: I've tried updating the Realtek driver but it says it's updated.

speakers.jpg

realtek.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 501
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to have sound come out of built-in speakers instead of headset Lenovo G480

Hi Reneandy! Welcome to our forums. Is the speaker working when the headset is not connected? Could you remove the headset and try the steps below; https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501860. Update us with the result.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

reneandy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 497
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to have sound come out of built-in speakers instead of headset Lenovo G480

The speakers work fine, otherwise there would be no reason for me to want to use it over the headset. The headset works fine. Everything is working well, but I want to be able to use my speakers when my headset is plugged in. I've tried the link while the headset was removed and nothing has worked. My laptop still fails to recognize the headset and groups it as speakers in the Sound window. I want to be able to switch between my speakers and headset while the headset is plugged in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors