Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishermanjack
Punch Card
Views: 665
Message 1 of 3

How to install window 8.1 pro on g500

Hello,

I currently have the g500 lenovo computer with the preloaded software windows 8.1. I would like to purchase the windows 8.1 pro version and would like to know what are the steps needed to do this and if anyone has done this what type of problems if any have you encounter.

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 647
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to install window 8.1 pro on g500

hi fishermanjack,

The easiest way to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro is by adding features. To do this, you will need a Windows 8.1 Pro Pack license. This is ideal if you wanna keep the OneKey Recovery function and other proprietary lenovo softwares.

I haven't tried this upgrade yet on the G500 but on a Ideapad Flex15 gave no drawbacks (drivers / softwares are compatible). If you have already added some important files, ensure that you have them backed-up first before doing the upgrade.

See the following for more info:

How to add features with Windows 8.1

Add features to Windows 8.1: FAQ

Edit"

Fixed the link for Windows 8.1 Pro Pack

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

fishermanjack
Punch Card
Views: 637
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to install window 8.1 pro on g500

Hello,
My question was in regards to 8.1 not 8.0.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors