Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safou
Paper Tape
Views: 742
Message 1 of 3

How to remove BIOS pass word G580 model 20157

BIG BIG problem is, as soon as I start my lenovo G580 model 20157 S/N: ********** DATE :12/12/14 it display directly PASSWORD, but there is no hard drive. So no means to get into bios menu. Even if u press F2; F12 F1 and so on, passwoed is  only there. I remove battery CMOS, main battery same thing I press rescue reset button nothing nothing. PLEASE give resolve. THANKS

Mod comment: Serial number removed for members protection.

NoSerial
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to remove BIOS pass word G580 model 20157

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse. Member's user name changed since it was also the serial number.

SeniorGuru
Views: 202
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to remove BIOS pass word G580 model 20157

As stated in multiple threads - there is no way to remove a BIOS password. If you did not set one, or forgot the one that was entered, the only way to fix this issue is to have the main system board replaced, at cost.

There is no "back door" or "master password" and removing all power, draining caps and such will not remove / reset it.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors