Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-22-2013

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

19 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 1 of 2

How to remove dust from inside a Lenovo G580?

2014-06-01, 12:51 PM

Hi....

I have a Lenovo G580 for more than a year now... got it from my company as a gift, its warranty has ended... it worked superbly for a year, it still does but my biggest concern is that now it always stays 60 - 65 Degree C hot in idle conditions... using any heavy graphics application, it gets shut down automatically to prevent any further damage from overheating... Reason for that is the dust built up in it... I don't have a blower or cool hair dryer to use... the only way I think practicable is opening it's all screws and manually removing all the dust with the help of a brush or may be using a hot-air hair dryer (which I have) from far above... can someone guide me how to get rid of this dust with minimum disassembly possible...? any precautions also plz... I have the hardware maintenance manual with me but don't wanna try opening the lappy before knowing someone else's experience about it...

Thanks....

Options

1 Posts

06-02-2014

New York

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: How to remove dust from inside a Lenovo G580?

2014-06-02, 6:52 AM

I would suggest buying a blow dryer, because you should do cleaning at regular intervals like once in every 6 months. You can refer to the user and maintenance manual for easy disassembly.

Good Luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms