Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegaZ202
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,811
Message 1 of 4

I can't open anything

Hello, i have another problem , all my desktop icons and my start ones haves like their directory location deleted and when I open Control Panel or My Computter it says the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Then it says how to fix it but I can't , can someone tell me how to fix this or I am forced to reinstall windows...
MegaZ202
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,791
Message 2 of 4

Re: I can't open anything

I have windows 7 Lenovo G500
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,757
Message 3 of 4

Hello Megaz202,

Sometimes we see that problem associated with malware.

There are some *fixes here that you can try. If that does not work, I suggest that you either reinstall Windows 7 or go to one of the sites specializing in malware removal to have them diagnose the problem.

*Before working in the Registry, be sure to make a backup.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

MegaZ202
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,653
Message 4 of 4

I just reinstalled my windows because I couldn't open even the regedit , because I was going to fix it myself , but im suggesting highly to reinstall windows 7 with a format of the partition , sorry if I ask to remove all your items , but there was no onther choice for me , also now that i reinstalled windows and got my drivers up and running , everything is working except my Dolby Advanced Audio V2 and when I open the Playback devices from the audio thingy I get a error , Audio Enhancements Problem : Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) , any suggestion on that?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors