Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanguga
Paper Tape
Views: 8,223
Message 1 of 7

I can't update bios G50 with no Battery

I updated my laptop bios and since then my laptop continuosly reboot when the battery is plug. If I take the battery off the system starts and everything is fine, but when a plug in the battery, in 10 seconds the laptop switch off.

I want to update my bios but I can't because I only can start the system with no battery plug in, and of course, the software stops when checks that have not battery plug in.

Can someone help me, please?

Highlighted
juanguga
Paper Tape
Views: 8,224
Message 2 of 7

Re: I can't update bios G50 with no Battery

I resolved my problem.

I unziped the https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/a2cn45ww.exe  (it is the correct bios driver for my laptop) with 7zip in C:\BIOS\

I edited C:\platform.ini file.

I modified the section:

[AC_Adapter]
Flag=1
BatteryCheck=1
BatteryBound=30

to

[AC_Adapter]
Flag=0
BatteryCheck=0
BatteryBound=0

and save the file.

Execute command line from the system as administrator:

c:\BIOS\InsydeFlash.exe

and the program started and did not say anything about battery charge, so I can update the frimware BIOS.

When finish the laptop restart and start uploading firmware, after process get 100%, took almost 5 minutes more until the laptop restart again but this time in windows.

I powered off the system and  plug the battery, and power on the laptop.

SURPRISE !!!! everything works fine.

I hope that my experience could help.

Thanks.

Ankush02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,158
Message 3 of 7

Where is the file the link is not oppening there is an error that 404 not found

Ankush02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,158
Message 4 of 7

Dear sir.I will tell you everything truth.1 week ago i downloaded a BIOS soft. For G50 45. When i updated my laptop i suddenly shut down then i saw battery keyboard and fan of laptop stopped working.Please help me Sir to solve this problem. Your given link is not opening

Thank you.

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion.  Your duplicate(s) have been removed. Thanks !

juanguga
Paper Tape
Views: 8,130
Message 5 of 7

Hello you have to extract the xxxxxx.exe driver to your BIOS with 7zip program in c:\BIOS folder or wherever you want, and then inside there are all the files.
juanguga
Paper Tape
Views: 8,123
Message 6 of 7

My laptop was working fine with no battery, just with AC. So if your laptop does not power on, is not the same problem. Sorry.
Rtarrence
What's DOS?
Views: 7,821
Message 7 of 7

Praise be to the Lenovo Gods and your knowledge / answer :-) this worked for me, in order to edit the *.ini file you must go to view and then tick file name extensions and hidden items to see the platform.ini file.  Before trying  This solution ... I was upgrading BIOS, I thought it froze and held down power button. From that point forward unit would not stay powered on with battery.  I could not reflash BIOS due to this battery / shutdown issue as the update utility searched for battery.  After using solution, battery operates in unit just fine. THANK YOU !! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors