Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoMshari
What's DOS?
Views: 605
Message 1 of 2

I lost my initial backup image how can I get it back ? lenovo G500

hello

two months ago i asked lenovo support on Twitter " I have alot of hidden helathy recovery partitions and i want delete them all without losing the original windows recovery files " and i sent screenshot to the support agent and he marked 4 of partitions and said don't delete this partitions " driver C / driver D / EFI / OEm "

Now i'm trying to recover my laptop to initial backup and i coudn't do that,, i got this error " lenovo onekey recovery the program cannot find the initial backup image" i did some Research on google and i found " the initial backup image is on hidden partitions 13Gb that deleted from my laptop and the support agent didn''t mark that as necessary partition i shoudn't delete it

Now i can't recover my laptop and reasked the lenovo support on twitter to fix this issue and they told me you have to pay for that becaues you are out of warranty

FIX THIS PLEASE IT'S NOT MY MISTAKE I WANT MY INIITIAL BACKUP IMAGE BACK

SeniorGuru
Views: 559
Message 2 of 2

Re: I lost my initial backup image how can I get it back ? lenovo G500

Once a partition is removed it is not recoverable. The only option at this point is to use recovery media, which the user is prompted to make when they first start using the notebook. If the recovery media was not created, then you will need to purchase recovery media from Lenovo Support, as that is the only option left to recover the notebook back to factory loadout.

This is a peer to peer forum, with other users helping each other out when they can, not really an official support channel.  That is why I suggest calling the Support division of Lenovo in your region to obtain assitance with recovery media. 

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors