Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-11-2012

Canada

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

I my B570 laptop a door stopper now?

2012-10-11, 16:13 PM

Hi, hopefully somebody will be able to help me.

I bought a used laptop B570 and the Bios is password protected. The last user forgot his password. Right now the computer does not boot as it does not recognize the Wi-Fi card and halts there. Also, it won't boot with the battery inserted. If I try to insert the battery while it is on, the laptop will beep once and turn off. I think it has to do with the BIOS not recognizing the battery anymore. So I tried to reinstall the BIOS, but  am getting an error that the battery must be inserted.

I guess it is really 2 questions:

1) How to reinstall the BIOS without the battery 

2) how to remove/clear the password ( I read somewhere that it was impossible, and only a MB replacement would do the trick )

Other notes:

I removed the Wi-Fi card, and was able to boot with the CDROM to a simulated Windows XP (using Hiren's Tools)

The last person removed the hard drive for security reason

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: I my B570 laptop a door stopper now?

2012-10-11, 17:36 PM

Hi Xpender666, welcome to the forum,

you'll need to get the original owner to remember the password; the forum rules stricktly prohibit discussion on this subject.

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics."

By all means start a new thread on the other problems mentioned, without discussion of passwords, as I have to lock this one.

Thanks for understanding.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms