Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donfarr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 193
Message 1 of 6

IdeaPad G580: No Sound from speakers - low sound from ear jack

After M/S mandated that I roll my Win 10 G580 back to Win 8.1, I lost my speakers.  The audio card and motherboard pass online diags.

Windows mixed gas gauge shows audio.

Also, my drive "D" is now empty, how can I regerate my drive "D"?

SeniorGuru
Views: 167
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Sound from speakers - low sound from ear jack

@donfarr wrote:

After M/S mandated that I roll my Win 10 G580 back to Win 8.1, I lost my speakers.  The audio card and motherboard pass online diags.

Windows mixed gas gauge shows audio.

Also, my drive "D" is now empty, how can I regerate my drive "D"?

Microsoft rarely mandates a roll back to a previous version of Windows... if you received a notification via email or by phone that told you to roll back to an earlier release of Windows OS it may have been a scam or virus (trojan horse) attack on your computer.  I would strongly suggest scanning the computer for virus / malware with a top notch anti-malware suite such as Malwarebytes as soon as possible.

Also - to restore your system to factory specifications / software state you will need recovery disks.  If you did not make them when you first set up your notebook, or have misplaced them they still may be available to purchase from Lenovo Support.

Good Luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
donfarr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 158
Message 3 of 6

In this instance it was M/S technical support, tier 3 that had me roll back to 8.1.  They took the position the MS 10, after build 17.X had dropped chip sets in the older legacy equipment and therefore I had to go backwards to 8.1.

What a joy thatlittle task was.  I lost all applications and had to rebuild them after Win 8.1 got loaded.

SeniorGuru
Views: 145
Message 4 of 6

OK... That is weird. I have the same notebook sitting here in front of me and it works just fine after the update.

Again - this is a strange situation, and not knowing exactly what prompted the call to MS tech support is hindering my ablity to provide an answer.

Could you provide a bit more detail into what the issue was that led to MS tech support?

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
donfarr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 131
Message 5 of 6

CB - After the insdtall of Build 17.X, I don't remember the exact number, all manner of failures started happening.  Most significant of those was that the laptop would not boot.

The only to get the system up and running was to bnoot to safe mode with networking.

Are you sayimg that your G580 is running Win 10?

SeniorGuru
Views: 123
Message 6 of 6

Yes... Just downloaded the latest updates and is running fine. It might be that your updates were pulled in out of order, or were not completely installed correctly.

On all my computers (AMD Vishera, Intel i7 and such) the update took a long time to process and required several reboots of the computer. It is my guess that it was the same as we saw with "service packs" that we saw with Windows 7 only with more going on in the Windows Hive than with drivers and patches.

When windows updates the hive, kernal or other main stem sources it requires a reboot to make it active then they can apply various patches and such that work for that kernal or updated hive.

Just my thoughts.

PS - you might want to try downloading the latest ISO of Windows 10 to see if it is a complete version with the latest updates installed into the ISO. Try that route to avoid the isseu with out of sequence udpates.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors