Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drew22
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 1 of 1

Inconsistent G50 Models

We have three G50 laptops all very similar i3 processors memory etc and yet all three differ in so many ways, these were purchased for a charity run pre school so budgets are very tight and the laptops where aquired over and 18 month period i beleive.

Because the school uses these laptops for producing the the personal reports on the children and these laptops are taken out of the school grounds we have had to ensure the drives are encrypted, so the extra cost of upgrading these to Win 10 Pro and enabling Bitlocker has been inversted.

Each device was upgraded to Win 10 after there where purchased and odd things where noticed, one would not support the USB ports on bootup so the having the laptop on start with the USB pen drive with the key on would not work so a password had to be used in stead. Other two laptops suported the USB pen drives on boot up with the keys on them.

All three devices have come in for a refresh build, first built fine, second will not support either USB or Password key so can longer encrypt the drive and the thrid freezes in mid build unless started in safe mode all three laptops are being re-imaged from the recovery drives on the laptops, 6 days wasted

1. why does one laptop not see the USB ports on boot up or even after the the OS has fully loaded unless the pen drive is unplugged and plugged back in.

2. why does the third device keep freezing in mid build, seems like a drive problem system device driver issue but i cant would out how to remedy this issue

Any suggestions on the two issues before i revert to the hammer option on both machines, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors