Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shino_aburami
What's DOS?
Views: 1,610
Message 1 of 4

Inquiry in downgrading OS for Lenovo 3000 G410

First of all... Im a newbie in this community... i just wanted to ask for anyones help...

I have downgraded my OS for my Lenovo 3000 G410 from Windows Vista Starter to Windows XP... and I have been seeing this conflict in my device manager...    

I have inserted a snapshot of the error i have been seeing...

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/BMPI-BREAD/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Lenovo%203000%20G410_e...

Hope someone can help me from any of the Lenovo Tech Guys out there... Thanks

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 1,596
Message 2 of 4

Re: Inquiry in downgrading OS for Lenovo 3000 G410

Welcome to the forum shino_aburami.

Your link does not open. Describe what is the error message in the device manager. Have you installed the appropriate drivers for audio, wireless, etc....?

shino_aburami
What's DOS?
Views: 1,580
Message 3 of 4

What I see is a "Yellow Punctuation Mark" in the "Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller" located in the Device Manager....

When I've check under its properties tab it says under the device status - "Windows Cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" 

I believe I have installed the appropriate drivers because I have use the Drivers Installation CD included in the Laptop...

Thanks and GOD BLESS...

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 1,558
Message 4 of 4

The problem might have arisen due to the installation of Vista drivers on XP environment, those drivers that came with your laptop are probably designed for Vista. Some of those drivers might work but it would create conflicts with other drivers, which you are expriencing now.

Try the link below to download the appropriate XP drivers for your G410

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-68891.html

Uninstall first all the existing vista drivers.  Then install the XP drivers in adherence to the sequence(order) of drivers' installation as indicated in the user guide or manual that came with your laptop. Not following the sequence would result in conflicts with some drivers missing in the Device Manager.

Hope this suggestion helps

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors