cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROSS22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,811
Message 1 of 6

Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLEM.

My lenovo g50-30 is failling to downgrade to windows 7.it gives a massage that

Efi/dvd security policy locked drive.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,772
Message 2 of 6

Re: Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLEM.

Hello and welcome,

Have you turned off secure boot in UEFI BIOS?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,743
Message 3 of 6

In the BIOS, under the Boot Options, try the following settings.

Boot Mode: [Legacy Support]
Boot Priority: [Legacy First]

Untitled.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,714
Message 4 of 6

Follow JDGillis's suggestion if you're trying to do a legacy install.  You'll probably find that the main drive is GPT so you'll have to clean it or delete all the existing partitions to do a legacy (MBR) install.

If you want a UEFI install, turn off secure boot, enable CSM support if it's an option, and use Win 7 SP1 64-bit media.

I take it you're using a DVD.  If you are using USB flash media, use the USB 2.0 port, and you'll need to modify the media if  doing a UEFI install.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,692
Message 5 of 6

Hi Zoltantheythegypsy,

As I do not personally have a G50-30, I went through the online G series BIOS simulator (which simulates the G70-70 BIOS) to get the screen shot I attached, and it does not have any Secure Boot option, but I suppose that there could be some different options on a G50-30. 

I wish that Lenovo would add BIOS screenshots to the HWMM for every system, or better yet, produce more BIOS simulators, because keeping up on BIOS options is a royal pain, and walking someone through them online without screenshots is an even bigger pain.

Perhaps you have some pull eh?    ; )

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,672
Message 6 of 6

@JDGillis wrote:

I wish that Lenovo would add BIOS screenshots to the HWMM for every system, or better yet, produce more BIOS simulators

Perhaps you have some pull eh?    ; )

Agree, and I  wish...

The online BIOS simulator is getting rather long in the tooth.

I'm reasonably certain that the G50-30 has a secure boot option in the security tab, given its vintage, but I can't cite chapter and verse.

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors