02-05-2012

India

39 Signins

154 Page Views

• Views: 154
  • Message 1 of 2

Is my battery duplicate ?

2012-06-17, 9:11 AM
I have Lenovo G570 laptop (brought very recently). So, today Windows 7 showed an update notification for Energy Management Driver (l1egc02us24.exe - Energy Cut 2.0).

I installed it and was working fine. But after rebooting, the software is showing a notification mentioning that my battery is not original one.

This is the information about the battery showed in EnergyCut2.0

Battery Name: PABAS024
Unique ID: 3658QCOMPAL
Chemistry: LION
Power state : Discharging.. 
Manufacturer: COMAPL

I dont understand why its showing this message only after the update..

More info: 

Laptop S/No : xxxxxxxxxx

Moderator note; s/n edited for member's own protection
Options

4113 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38431 Signins

574991 Page Views

• Views: 574991
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Is my battery duplicate ?

2012-06-18, 0:46 AM

Hi suryak,

What version of Energy Management do you have in there now?  You should have version 6.0.3.0.  

One problem with Windows optional updates is that it will show the latest version.  That version might or might not be compatible with the system it is installed on.

I experimented with various versions of Energy Management on a U160 and most of the later versions said that I had an illegal battery.  So, I installed the version that the driver site said I should have and everything was fine again.

If you find that you have a later version   of Energy Management installed, then uninstall it and install the correct version from here .  That will give you the correct version for your machine and that battery error should disappear.

Dave  

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete