Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piyushpalawat99
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 1 of 6

Issues with Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Hi,

I'm using the Lenovo G50-80 Laptop and lately, there have been some issues with Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio. When the Audio Director in SmartAudio is set to Classic, and Dolby is turned on, there's no audio richness/enhancement that can be observed and the equalizer stays constant at -12dB. On the other hand, when the Audio Director is set to Multi-Stream in SmartAudio, and Dolby is turned on, the improved sound quality can be observed only when using headphones/earphones and the equalizer moves, too, but the response without headphones/earphones is unchanged.

Thank You

SeniorGuru
Views: 156
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issues with Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Was this after an update to the OS was applied?

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
piyushpalawat99
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 3 of 6

Yes

SeniorGuru
Views: 139
Message 4 of 6

Since the Update to Windows appears to have broken the Dolby drivers, I would suggest looking for either an updated audio driver.

If that is not available, re-install the current drivers and check for results.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
piyushpalawat99
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 5 of 6

Tried both the solutions, but to no avail

SeniorGuru
Views: 115
Message 6 of 6

Did you attempt to install the driver in "compatibility mode"? That may be the last choice, otherwise use a restore point to roll back prior to the update that caused the issue to appear.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors