08-29-2013 03:08 PM
I have been having touchpad and keyboard issues with my g780 ( Windows 8) that was bought three months ago. The touchpad stopped working after the first month, and the keyboard works off and on, right now it's mostly off. I have unchecked the filter keys. Sometimes I can log in without using the on screen keyboard, sometimes not. And sometimes it stops working in the middle of typing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
09-02-2013 04:54 AM - edited 09-02-2013 04:55 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community,
There are some simple Troubleshooting steps that you can try.
1) Completely shut down the machine.
2) Remove the Battery.
3) Remove the Charger / AC Adaptor.
4) Press and Hold on the Power Button for 20 continues Seconds.
5) Connect the Charger / AC Adaptor.
6) Press and Hold on the Power Button for 10 continues Seconds.
7) Press The Power Button once and check please the keyboard and the touchpad.
This procedure is used to discharge any extra charge in the mother board.
If the problem still there in the touchpad, I need you to reinstall the driver.
Windows 7: Touchpad Driver (Synaptics, ElanTECH)
Windows 8: TouchPad Driver (Synaptics, ElanTECH)
Please try this solution and if the problem still exists, just tell me know.