08-19-2017 12:30 PM
PC keeps freezing when I leave it unattended for a while (10-15 mins). The entire keyboard becomes unresponsive - No Ctrl+Alt+Del, no Alt+F4, no cursor movement using the touchpad either. Pressed CAPS LOCK / Num Lock to check; they didn't respond too. So, I have to Power off my PC by pressing the power button for about 5 secs (!!).
There's no such problem when I am continuously working on the PC, doing any task. Neither is there any problem when a video is being played. Only when it stays idle does it freeze.
Has it got something to do with the power options ? Saw it in some forum online, don't remember now.
Thanks in advance for any help
08-22-2017 04:50 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try to see if you can run an LSC scan, and see if this is able to find anything for you.
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.