Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danyal7
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 3

LENOVO B50-70 issue w/ bluetooth headphones on Windows 10

I have been having issues with using my bluetooth headphones (Skullcandy INDY) with my laptop. Ever since I've bought these headphones, I haven't been able to use them on this computer - while they've been working perfectly with my phone as well as another laptop (not Lenovo). 

Although the issues were all over the place at the beginning, the problem right now is that the headphones are paired and connected to my laptop (even being recognised as "Connected" in the settings) but no sound will play out of them - all of the audio is coming out of the laptop's main speakers. I have tried to use another pair of (wired) headphones, and they work absolutely fine. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem? Also, a side question, am I able to have a live chat session with a Lenovo employee who'll be able to help me with this issue? I live in the UK and I connected to a live chat using the American website, but they said they couldn't help me as my laptop was built in the UK. 

Thanks a bunch. <3

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 158
Message 2 of 3

Re: LENOVO B50-70 issue w/ bluetooth headphones on Windows 10

Hi Danyal7!

Thanks for posting,

We've found some helpful steps provided in the similar discussion below that we can try, and check how it goes afterwards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Danyal7
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 3 of 3

Re: LENOVO B50-70 issue w/ bluetooth headphones on Windows 10

Hey Hector!

Thank you so much for the response. I appreciate the link that you sent me, as it is relevant to my issue. I think I should point out I am currently using Windows 10. The first response to the thread explains how I should right click on my speaker icon and select "Playback Devices" - but I can't see this option anywhere. It gives me the option to "Open Sound settings", where I am able to choose my output device. Here, I am unable to choose a different output device other than my Laptop's main speakers. I think this is the root of the issue, and would appreciate help as to how to fix it, so I can select my headphones as the main output device. 

Thanks once again. 

EDIT: This is a link to another user having the same issue as me, hopefully you'll be able to understand it better as they explain it very well: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-disconnected-in-the-...

EDIT #2: I have now (somehow) got my headphones connected to my Laptop. They are now the main output device and are now playing sound. The audio is of extremely poor quality, delayed and not continuous - but I think that is a Windows issue rather then a Lenovo issue, so I'll stop bothering you now. Thank you so much for your help, anyway. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors