cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGKR1212
Punch Card
Views: 11,741
Message 1 of 6

LENOVO G50-70 (20351) BIOS update for WINDOWS 10 ?

I'm using lenovo g50-70 (20351) i have upgarded from windows8.1(preinstalled) to windows10, but however i didn't find the BIOS driver update for windows 10 in the lenovo support website there still didn't updated the bios driver for windows 10, so present there is driver for windows8.1 only, so when will we get the bios update for windows 10?

SeniorGuru
Views: 11,694
Message 2 of 6

Re: LENOVO G50-70 (20351) BIOS update for WINDOWS 10 ?

@KGKR1212 wrote:

I'm using lenovo g50-70 (20351) i have upgarded from windows8.1(preinstalled) to windows10, but however i didn't find the BIOS driver update for windows 10 in the lenovo support website there still didn't updated the bios driver for windows 10, so present there is driver for windows8.1 only, so when will we get the bios update for windows 10?

When I look up your system on the support page I see quite a few updates, drivers and such that support windows 8.1 and 10.  If you are looking for a BIOS update or patch, those are usually OS neutral and are applied with either a BIOS utility or patcher that works in DOS mode and some can use a windows based utility.

Are you trying to use a BIOS update to fix an issue or just get the "latest and greatest" for your computer?  Mostly I would not recommend updating your BIOS unless it is absolutely neccessary to fix a troublesome issue or problem with hardware.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
KGKR1212
Punch Card
Views: 11,679
Message 3 of 6

Yes i'm facing some hardware issues like ram and some compatibilty issues with windows10.

SeniorGuru
Views: 11,656
Message 4 of 6

I would suggest contacting Lenovo Support via phone to discuss hardware issues / compatiblity issues and BIOS updates that may address them.  You can find the support phone list at the bottom of the page under "contact us"

link.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
KGKR1212
Punch Card
Views: 11,649
Message 5 of 6

i already done that but they are not listening any thing simply there are saying go to lenovo care centre and even though they are not checking at there data base for solutions.

SeniorGuru
Views: 11,639
Message 6 of 6

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with obtaining help.  One thing to understand is that this forum is a Peer to Peer resource and most of us, myself included neither work for nor are attached to Lenovo.  We are here  based on our own unique expereince level in Computers and Electronics and willingness to help others.

@KGKR1212 wrote:

Yes i'm facing some hardware issues like ram and some compatibilty issues with windows10.

In your statemet above, you have indicated there some issues that need to be addressed but have not provided speific information.  If this was the same information provided to phone support their only answer would be to have the notebook taken physically to a service depot for "hands on" troubleshooting.  If you desire to have help with the issues plauging your notebook you should provide us with as much detail as possible so we can try to better assist you with finding solutions.

IE:

Make and Model numbers from affected computer (notebook, PC etc), serial number is not needed.

Specific error message content, including codes

External influences

Connections to network resrouces (WiFi, Wired)

Which operating system is installed

This information along with specific details on what leads to or triggers the problems is critical in troubleshooting, or with researching possible solutions.

Good luck

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors